Posted on Friday 12th of December 2008
This chapter provides a sample NCLEX-RN exam with detailed explanations for each of the answers to help you practice.
1. A 43-year-old African American male is admitted with sickle cell anemia. The nurse plans to assess circulation in the lower extremities every 2 hours. Which of the following outcome criteria would the nurse use?
1. Body temperature of 99Â°F or less
2. Toes moved in active range of motion
3. Sensation reported when soles of feet are touched
4. Capillary refill of < 3 seconds
2. A 30-year-old male from Haiti is brought to the emergency department in sickle cell crisis. What is the best position for this client?
1. Side-lying with knees flexed
3. High Fowler's with knees flexed
4. Semi-Fowler's with legs extended on the bed
3.A 25-year-old male is admitted in sickle cell crisis. Which of the following interventions would be of highest priority for this client?
1. Taking hourly blood pressures with mechanical cuff
2. Encouraging fluid intake of at least 200mL per hour
3. Position in high Fowler's with knee gatch raised
4. Administering Tylenol as ordered
4.Which of the following foods would the nurse encourage the client in sickle cell crisis to eat?
2. Cottage cheese
4. Lima beans
5.A newly admitted client has sickle cell crisis. The nurse is planning care based on assessment of the client. The client is complaining of severe pain in his feet and hands. The pulse oximetry is 92. Which of the following interventions would be implemented first? Assume that there are orders for each intervention.
1. Adjust the room temperature
2. Give a bolus of IV fluids
3. Start O2
4. Administer meperidine (Demerol) 75mg IV push
6.The nurse is instructing a client with iron-deficiency anemia. Which of the following meal plans would the nurse expect the client to select?
1. Roast beef, gelatin salad, green beans, and peach pie
2. Chicken salad sandwich, coleslaw, French fries, ice cream
3. Egg salad on wheat bread, carrot sticks, lettuce salad, raisin pie
4. Pork chop, creamed potatoes, corn, and coconut cake
Please following the links below for details of this post.
Source link (see full details) :
by Richard Mark
Posted on Tuesday 5th of May 2009
The number and range of occupational respiratory concerns are rapidly increasing, and include the following: · Asbestos · Mesothelioma · Silicosis · Interstitial Pulmonary Fibrosis · Popcorn Wor...Read More
by Brenda Williams
Posted on Monday 20th of October 2008
Emphysema is a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease affecting the lungs of human beings It is more often then not caused by exposure to toxic chemicalsRead More
by K. Purdenn
Posted on Monday 27th of April 2009
Warts are often regarded as an embarrassing problem Most people do not like to talk about it, but do not realize that having warts is not uncommonRead More
by Murali V
Posted on Monday 13th of October 2008
Sciatica is something that refers to symptoms having pain either caused by general compression or irritation of one of five nerve roots giving birth to sciatic nerve, or by compression or irritation o...Read More
by David H. Urmann
Posted on Sunday 11th of October 2009
There are many good doctors in Houston, Texas They provide quality health care service for the residents in their areaRead More
by Michael Pickart
Posted on Saturday 12th of September 2009
\"I am going to have a tummy tuck, breast lift, and breast augmentation done at the same time with a board-certified doctor in Mexico He says he can also do minor liposuction and inject the fat in the...Read More