by Dr. Carri A. Drzyzga
Posted on Tuesday 20th of October 2009
Happiness is easily achieved once you find the right balance between your physical, mental, spiritual and emotional selves. As Thomas Merton said: “Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance and order and rhythm and harmony”. Nevertheless, intensity should never be underestimated, as it may be of help from time to time.
For some, achieving balance in their lives may seem a bit difficult, especially if they are very busy individuals with little or no time for themselves... or so they think. What these people need to understand is that by giving priority to their well being they are contributing greatly to the world around them, as a balanced world is formed by balanced individuals, and only then, can true happiness be experienced. Good always starts with oneself; be good to yourself and this good will be passed along to others, eventually healing the world.
If you or someone you love are having trouble balancing every aspect of life, follow or show them these important tips, and discover how easy it is to start enjoying a good life today.
To achieve physical balance:
1. Exercise regularly. There are many modalities of exercise to fit almost any need or preference. Choose one that inspires you and stick to it, find ways to enhance it, and show your body how much you care. Keep it aligned and visit an Ontario wellness center regularly.
2. Get a good night’s sleep. A healthy individual sleeps at least eight hours per night.
3. Eat healthy and balanced foods. Combine what you eat with the type of exercise you are doing; eat more natural foods and fewer packed products, increase the consumption of vegetables, fruits, whole grains and water.
4. Take time to relax and think positive thoughts. Enjoy the time you spend doing “nothing”, just thinking about what your day was like, what you loved about it and what you didn’t enjoy.
5. Get a hobby and spend time at it. It is great when we take time to do what we love.
6. Smile all the time. No matter what the situation, there’s always a chance to smile; it just depends on how you decide to view things.
To achieve mental balance:
1. Plan your day through goals, but learn to be flexible and realistic.
2. Write everything in a positive way; keep negatives away. “I am happy” works much better than “I am not sad”.
3. Release yourself from obsessions, as you are not balanced when you are dependent on something to be happy. Happiness comes from inside, and a truly happy person is happy in any circumstance.
4. Go out and act in order to develop your talents. Trial and error is the easiest, most fun way to learn.
5. Keep a journal and write about everything you care about.
6. Read quality material; it could be poetry, about nature or even news, just make it worthwhile.
7. Define achievable goals; otherwise, you will never believe you can do it. It doesn’t matter if you start small, to start is what’s important, and to start building trust in yourself to go higher every day.
To achieve spiritual balance:
1. Discover your kind of prayer. It could be through yoga, dancing, or the common praying at church, just make sure you connect with it, understand it and live it.
2. Live in the now, it is the only place where your actions will be fruitful.
3. Spend time with nature. Take daily walks or weekend trips, but make sure you connect with the greatness of nature.
4. If you are religious, study the Bible, Koran, or any text that confirms your beliefs; the same if you are a spiritual being, find what best suits your heart and learn from it.
To achieve emotional balance:
1. Take care of others. Be good and care for other people, no matter who they are.
2. Be kind and helpful to others, and mind your own business.
3. Listen to what others have to say. They may not think like you, but there is value in everyone’s opinions.
4. Find the common good in everything. Always strive for the win-win result. Remember that everyone deserves to win and that it is only when everyone wins, that real good is achieved.
If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to post it to your site or blog and forward this link to your friends. Have a great day!
Also, don’t forget to visit our blog, where you’ll find more great articles on wellness.
by Amy Nutt
Posted on Tuesday 14th of October 2008
For those who are overweight and having difficulty losing weight, there is a time in which they start to seek out the alternatives One of those alternatives is Lap Band Surgery because it is touted as...Read More
by Phill Monroe
Posted on Monday 19th of September 2011
Altering ones appearance is not new to anyone anymore Media and technology has heightened the curiosity and awareness of the public, thus increasing their demands and desires to aesthetically pleasing...Read More
by Brain Haley
Posted on Sunday 3rd of July 2011
Undoubtedly enough, essays are a common and most effective medium of communications your thoughts Arguably, the most asked question nowadays is how to write an essayRead More
by David Shoemaker I.
Posted on Monday 4th of July 2011
Human resources practices training ensures that team leaders know how to make ethical decisions and establish standards The first thing a team leader should do is clearly lay out to everyone what the ...Read More
by Jeff McDougall
Posted on Thursday 29th of October 2009
Perspiration (sometimes called sweating while others called it transpiration) is a process of the body that is truly beneficial for us It actually regulates body temperatureRead More
by Eleanor Candy
Posted on Thursday 11th of December 2008
In todays environment we get toxins entering our body from pollution , cigarette smoke and also alcoholOur body cannot always remove all these toxins from our bodyRead More