by Beth Kaminski
Posted on Monday 21st of September 2009
Panic attacks and anxiety disorders are actually among a host of diseases having similar symptoms and tendencies, though to the expert they do differ widely. The ailments commonly covered under anxiety disorders are:
1. Generalized anxiety Disorder (GAD) - the commonest form, something that most people indirectly refer to as anxiety attack
2. Panic attack - the severest form, characterized by almost heart-attack like symptoms
3. Phobias - result of unknown influences, but results in insane fear of some agent
4. Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) - result of past trauma and results in terror of the agent that resulted in the previous trauma
5. Separation Disorder - occurs usually in children as they are sent to schools or hostels
6. Obsessive and Compulsive Disorder (OCD) - has a strong genetic component and is characterized by the repetition of a certain common act an abnormal number of times within a fixed period
One can summarise commonest anxiety disorder symptoms like palpitations, sweating, nausea, giddiness, trembling limbs, feeling disassociation from surroundings and uneasiness in stomach etc. People suffering from GAD and panic attack showcase mild symptoms. In many cases they also exaggerate. These symptoms are also seen in patients suffering from PTSD and Phobia. Such aspects depend upon intensity and level of disorder besides fear. Likewise in separation disorder sufferers show same symptoms. Often degree of symptoms varies in such cases and they depend upon a situation when sufferers undergo and resultant impact of their surrounding. In OCD sufferers express symptoms with behavioural changes controlled to particular extent.
The criteria formulated by the American Psychiatric Association (APA) is a basis of anxiety disorder diagnosis. Likewise Diagnostic and Statistical Manual IV (DSM-IV) is also a type of classification which define categories of above mentioned anxiety disorder.
In fact panic attack cures are completely possible today. They are applied with utmost care and some such treatments are as follows:
1. Talking sessions with the psychotherapist - such professionals are good listeners who convince patient by portraying best sympathies through good understanding and finding out means to make a person feel comfortable. This category of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is supportive to develop optimism and positive strength in patients who are encouraged to cope up with their symptoms. Some more therapies of this category are:
o Exposure therapy - meant for the sufferers of post-traumatic stress disorder and phobia
o Exposure and Response Prevention Therapy - used to control patients of obsessive and compulsive disorder
2. Hypnosis - although a bit controversial but this therapy is another powerful mechanism which gets applied on particular subjects only. It should be applied by trained professionals. Use of this method helps the suffers have sound sleep once hypnotist makes it possible to control mind for investigating possible reasons of anxiety disorder
3. Warm or hot water ablutions in various forms - a seething long hot baths, spa treatments and sauna or steam baths work effectively by developing a position in which good amount of sweating, easing tensions and toxins are done through relaxant methods. Sleep is a part of these procedure in which panic attack cure is made easy.
4. Massages - when muscles are kneaded properly by trained masseuses it helps in removing toxic lactic acid out of the body. Massages from ayurvedic and aromatic oils are of best use in easing such sufferers. Several specialized techniques such as acupressure and acupuncture are used in this regard for making bodies powerful.
5. Exercises - Yoga and Thai-Chi are best exercises which release negative energy out of the body by helping it achieve better reposing of power.
6. Laughter Therapy - this therapy provides opportunity to take respite from daily life activities and get chance to control unnecessary mental burden. World Laughter Day is celebrated around the world on 3rd May. In fact laughter is good means to develop happiest atmosphere. It is best panic attack cure without incurring any expenditure.
Sometimes, however, these cures are not enough by themselves. They have to be supplemented with medicines for panic disorder, which are available at the chemist’s if prescribed by the clinician. The major groups of medicines include:
•Benzodiazepines – Alprazolam, Clonzepam, Diazepam
•Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) – Paroxetine, Sertraline, Fluvoxamine
•Serotonin Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors (SNRIs) – Venlafaxine, Tramadol
•Tricyclic Antidepressants – Amitriptyline, Trimipramine
by James S. Pendergraft
Posted on Monday 6th of April 2009
Trichomoniasis is one of the sexually transmitted infections (or sexually transmitted diseases, STD) caused by a microscopic parasite, a protozoa Usually it is found in urethral tissues and vaginaRead More
by Jeff Paterson
Posted on Wednesday 11th of March 2009
If you\'ve recently been diagnosed with genital herpes or you\'ve been living with the disease for some time now, you no doubt know the importance of integrating a genital herpes treatment regime into...Read More
by Murali V
Posted on Monday 13th of October 2008
People suffering from diabetes need to take care to have a \"menu for diabetics\" and eat accordingly in order to keep their blood sugar levels under control Though they are not left with much variety...Read More
by Allison Ryan
Posted on Saturday 5th of September 2009
If you feel that you\'re often quite tense, with pains and knots all down your back, a day at the spa may be just what you need To relax all day, to be waited on hand and food, to be massaged by a pro...Read More
by Dr. Valerie Rosenbaum
Posted on Thursday 25th of December 2008
Many people are recognizing the need to find quality skin care that does not contain any of the chemical ingredients that are in so many of the products that are currently on the market The search for...Read More
by Wong Darren
Posted on Tuesday 18th of August 2009
Minocycline is a type of orally ingested antibiotic that is used for the resolution of acne Minocycline Dosage Minocycline is not manufactured in a topical form and is available under different bran...Read More